No sound after OTA update
• Press home button, turn up volume on your remote about 3/4, then go back into Kodi.
The Video and Sound seem to be out of Sync Sometimes
• Sometimes a small number streams have sync issues. If this occurs you can either select another stream or you can adjust the audio to sync with the video by pushing okay, scroll right to the audio and adjust the sync.
• You can also push A on the keyboard remote or the Audio button on your standard remote.
• If your audio alway seems to be off and you do not have really slow internet then you need to go into Kodi settings and enable MediaCodec in the hardware accelerators.
I'm still getting no sound
• 1st make sure your volume is turned up on both your StreamSmart and your TV. 2nd If still no sound. Push Red Kodi button, scroll right to sound output to adjust settings. If you are using Optical for Audio – Change setting to SPDIF. For HDMI leave this as PCM , Auto or HDMI Pass through (for 5.1 or 7.1 surround).
How do I get surround sound?
• Kodi will play the stream for you in surround automatically if it's available. But follow the steps here Push Home button on remote. scroll right to sound output to adjust settings. If you are using Optical for Audio – Change setting to SPDIF. For HDMI leave this as PCM , Auto or HDMI Pass through (for 5.1 or 7.1 surround).
• For the best sound quality use premium links such as Real-Debrid. Click the link below to learn more about Real-Debrid.
If you are thinking about changing the 2.0 channel to 5 or 7, beware that this works for some but not all. If you change this setting, be sure to test a movie in HD with HQ or HD audio (ideally a Real-Debrid link with 5.1 test sound prior to changing and then test again immediately after changing. If sound has diminished or not working at all after making this change, simply revert the setting back to 2.0. Note: Some users experience stuttering or freezing of the remote when changing this speaker setting. Press the power button if this happens and once you enter kodi again adjust the speaker setting again.
To change your setting to 5.1 or 7.1, enter kodi/ click the systems tab / then system / audio output. Change the number of channels to 5.1 or 7.1. Then scroll down and enable passthrough, keep scrolling down and enable DTS compatible if your receiver supports DTS.
How do I Pair my Bluetooth to my box?
• Click home on remote/go to advanced/more settings/Bluetooth
Have more questions? Submit a request